Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Favorite Recipe: Penne with Fennel

When Lindsey and I were in Rome back in 2003, we ate one of the yummiest meals ever at a tucked-away restaurant where no one spoke English and there was no menu. We were simply served course after course. We could only guess what we were eating, and it was an unforgettable, scrumptious meal. One of the courses featured a distinctive vegetable I was unfamiliar with. Turned out to be fennel, and ever since then, I've had a special affection for this yummy vegetable that reminds me of our Italian adventure.

Penne Pasta with Roasted Fennel, Cherry Tomatoes, and Black Olives has been one of Rob's and my favorites since it was first published in Cooking Light a few months after W. was born. We make it for everyone. It's good company food -- delicious and a tad unusual.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I made this last night for friends, and it was delicious! I grilled the fennel and some chicken sausage, and threw that in as well. We will definitely be making this again. Thanks Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing night that was.. I didn't even remember the fennel being a part of it - I just remember culinary bliss in a dark corner of the city! :) I have also tried and love this recipe, and the chicken sausage sounds like a great addition!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog